The Spectra Venue Management Team at the St. Charles Convention Center is committed to promoting environmental responsibility and sustainability. Our goal is to offer outstanding quality of service and mitigate impact on the natural environment.
Going Green at the Saint Charles Convention Center
We Supply, and You’ll Notice
- To conserve energy, we program our escalators, HVAC, and lights based on our clients’ schedules.
- We reduce the amount of energy wasted through our use of motion sensor lights, sinks, and toilets.
- To reduce the use of bottled water consumption, each meeting room has a five gallon water cooler.
Green Behind the Scenes
- Our center has a single-stream recycling program and a back of house compositing program. Both contribute greatly to our waste and diversion goals.
- Almost all of our cleaning agents and materials are environmentally friendly.
- When skylights and ambient lighting aren’t enough…where it’s most effective, we only use low energy lighting.
You Can Too
- We provide options to conserve on paper products: paperless billing, online exhibitor services ordering, recycle bins inside meeting rooms, and using dry erase boards instead of flip charts.
- Water pitchers and glassware are provided in our “conference package,” eliminating the use of plastic bottles.
- The St. Charles Convention Center has locally produced organic food menu options available.