The Catering Sales Manager promotes and books food and beverage events, within assigned market, for the facility through an aggressive marketing and sales program. Works with client on rates and terms of the contract; services food and beverage needs of the client; and conveys that information to all departments.
- Meets specified goals and objectives for facility usage.
- Meet departmental revenue and team goals.
- Promotes the convention center to all potential clients utilizing food and beverage; conduct facility tours; answer questions and provide information regarding facility services, policies and procedures; and assist clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
- Coordinates tastings for clients.
- Main Sales contact for all groups within assigned market.
- Researches, qualifies, and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the facility.
- Actively prospects and makes solicitation calls for new business.
- Creates event resumes for events needing food and beverage services.
- Makes verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Prepares proposals, license agreements and correspondence to clients.
- Prepares event resumes for food functions occurring at the center.
- Enters and maintain complete and accurate information in Ungerboeck (CRM) software.
- Maintains large account base.
- Participates in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Provides assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Serves as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public and other convention center departments and divisions.
- Plans for and supervise banquet staff during catering functions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with those who contacted in the course of work.
- Attends Industry events and trade shows.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and forecast projections.
- Provides excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft products knowledge, to include: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Training on industry software will be provided.
- Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
- Organized, and focused on customer service.
- Knowledgeable in the procedures, methods, and techniques of marketing and sales.
- Experience with event scheduling and booking procedures.
- Accurate financial reporting.
- Knowledgeable in food, beverage, and hospitality practices.
- Two to four years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience, preferably in a convention center or a major hotel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, business administration, or a related field. A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Knowledge of EBMS software preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
- Sales Calls may require transportation both locally and out of town.
- Walking and standing during events.
- Nights and weekends are required at times, dependent on event needs.
- Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description is subject to change.