ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including, but not limited to):
- Ensure budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timing, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Maintain Labor Cost Percentages at budgeted levels.
- Ensure purchasing and preparation meet standards.
- Supervise all set up, preparation and breakdown activities.
- Coordinate equipment storage.
- Assist Executive Chef in training and development of kitchen staff skills and ongoing training of current and new staff.
- Maintain a positive and compliant employee relations climate.
- Ensure compliance to health and sanitation and safety regulations.
- Assist Chef in recordkeeping and administration requirements to include work schedules and production lists.
- Promote teamwork among staff through effective communication, follow through and goal setting.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer proficiency and Microsoft products knowledge, to include: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Technical proficiency and experience demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods.
- Ability to develop results oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling.
- Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results.
- Ability to recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions.
- Must be self- directed.
- Must be able to supervise, coach, schedule and train employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate.
- Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
- Must be exact in their work. Errors could cause safety hazards for themselves and other workers.
- Identify problems and review information.
- Must be constantly aware of frequently changing events in cooking processes.
- Knowledge of the rules and uses of numbers in mathematics. Areas of knowledge include arithmetic and algebra.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights weekends, extended (long) work days and extended number of days.
- Minimum of 3 years kitchen management experience in high-volume operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Training from a professional technical school, two or four year college, or special culinary school is preferred.
- Maintain certification in a state recognized food handlers and sanitation program.
- Experience in culinary training-including menu planning, food preparation, and selection and storage of food.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- Physical demands:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time; must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of hands, fingers and wrists. Employee will constantly move about inside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to sometimes bend, stoop, or crouch in order to perform this job; Employee must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms or legs. Employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee may often work 40 hours or more per week.
- Work environment:
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
- This job description is subject to change.