ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Set up, operate and tear down all in-house equipment and rented or client provided audio-visual equipment.
- Perform both preventive and corrective maintenance to all in-house Audio Visual equipment.
- Consult with clients regarding audiovisual requirements.
- Provide technical advising to other departments upon request.
- Trouble-shoot audiovisual sound and lighting systems.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment and electronic services in public venue settings.
- Principles and practices of media services.
- Operational characteristics of events.
- Knowledge of personal computers and computerized audio-visual systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Terminology used in entertainment/convention/public venue settings.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local regulations.
- Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft Office products knowledge to include: Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Stamina to work long hours. Must be able to lift and/or move heavy equipment
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED and one year experience in audio visual and technical media coordination and operation, preferably in a convention, theater, arena or hotel environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Missouri driver's license.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.