ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Oversee events.
- Set-up and breakdown all function rooms.
- Acts as the contact person for the customer.
- Holds pre-shift meeting with service staff reviewing Banquet Event Resume
- Coordinates timing of service experience with the kitchen (Chef and Sous
- Wine service for guests.
- Bus and set tables, as needed.
- Perform buffet set up (if necessary) and breakdown.
- Setup and service break stations (if necessary).
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor laws are obeyed.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates.
- Report to supervisors any defective equipment, facility damage, incorrect/improper set-up and areas of the facility requiring cleaning, in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of food and wine.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Basic computer proficiency: Microsoft products, to include; Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge for the health and safety of customers and staff.
- Certified in state recognized responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred