ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Perform regular maintenance on a wide range of facility systems including, but not limited to, pumps, motors, filtering devices, air conditioning and heating equipment and other mechanical devices.
- Respond to emergency requests for repair services, diagnoses problems and either immediately make repairs or call on a supervisor for additional assistance or direction.
- Operate a wide variety of equipment used in the maintenance of the facility such as saws, drills, torches, sanders, cutters, grinders and other maintenance equipment.
- Drive vans, pick-up trucks, forklifts, high-lifts, floor scrubbers, and other vehicles as required.
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical, painting masonry, welding, carpentry and other trade related tasks.
- Maintain utility systems, as required.
- Monitor building automation system on a regular basis and make necessary adjustments.
- Recommend repairs needed on equipment and facility structures.
- Prepare and submit time, material and costs reports.
- Maintain storage areas and equipment in designated areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain repair log, inventory record and replacement schedule for facility equipment and supplies.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, manufacturer’s specifications and other reference materials to determine most appropriate methods of completing tasks.
- Identify job related challenges and make corrective recommendations to supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer proficiency: Microsoft products, to include: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with operational characteristics, services and activities of maintenance programs including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and painting, carpentry, grounds keeping, machinery and masonry work.
- Knowledge of applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Familiarity with relevant federal, state and local regulations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in general facility maintenance, construction or a related field.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC equipment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED with additional specialized training in a maintenance or technical related field.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
- Specialized training in HVAC or related field preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.