The St. Charles Convention Center and Spectra Venue Management work tirelessly to be a partner to our community. Some ways this missions comes to fruition is the facility's economic impact, sustainability initiatives, and community involvement.
The St. Charles Convention Center is proudly managed by Spectra Venue Management. Spectra knows it takes experience to host an unforgettable one. With a variety of Spectra managed Convention Centers throughout North America, we are the experts that help bring out the best in those who work with us.
At Spectra managed venues, we draw on innovation, collaboration, and engagement to create bottom-line impact for meeting planners, tradeshow organizers, and show producers. When you book at a Spectra managed venue, you can be assured that by utilizing our proven methods, innovative concepts, responsive customer service, and passionate industry professionals, a partnership with Spectra will turn your event into an unforgettable experience.
The Spectra Venue Management Team at the St. Charles Convention Center is committed to promoting environmental responsibility and sustainability. Our goal is to offer outstanding quality of service and mitigate impact on the natural environment.
Our Green Initiatives Include:
- Programming our escalators, HVAC, and lights based on our clients’ schedules to conserve energy.
- Reducing the amount of energy wasted through use of motion sensor lights, sinks, and toilets.
- Supplying each meeting room with a five gallon water cooler to reduce the use of bottled water consumption.
- A single-stream recycling program and a back of house compositing program. Both contribute greatly to our waste and diversion goals.
- Nearly all cleaning agents and materials used at the facility are environmentally friendly.
- Using only low energy lighting where it's most effective when skylights and ambient lighting aren’t enough.
- Providing options to conserve on paper products: paperless billing, online exhibitor services ordering, recycle bins inside meeting rooms, and using dry erase boards instead of flip charts.
- Water pitchers and glassware are provided in our “conference package,” eliminating the use of plastic bottles.
- The St. Charles Convention Center has locally produced organic food menu options available.
The St. Charles Convention Center and Spectra Venue Management have two employee-lead committees committed to improving the quality of life for people living in the City of St. Charles and the St. Charles County region. The Convention Center's Charity Committee organizes fun, internal fundraising opportunities for employees to participate, raising money for local charities including the Helping Hands for the Holidays Charity Event in December of each year.
Helping Hands for the Holidays
First hosted in 2009, the event seeks to assist those within need in the local community by:
- Providing a warm, hearty holiday meal
- Health care services
- Winter clothing giveaway
- Activities for families and kids
- Community resources
- Overall community fellowship
The event is completely free for the general public to attend, and does not require any RSVP or registration.